Monday, March 9, 2009

Bit's a girl!

We got real confirmation at a recent ultrasound that this baby's a girl. We're excited! (Although a little daunted by all the pink.)

At the most recent ultrasound, we also got confirmation that baby is head down. Since I'm now 30+ weeks, I hope she stays that way. Everything else looked perfect - her growth is right on target.

Mama failed her 1 hour glucose test and needs to go back for a 3 hour. Besides that, everything's good. No weight gain this month but no loss, either. I'm waddling a bit because of where she's sitting. For a while there, I had some serious hip pain...thank goodness she's shifted!

John felt her move for the first time last night. She's a coy little baby, and would often stop moving whenever he put his hand on my belly. I think she had the hiccups though, because she didn't stop kicking the same spot for quite a while. Overall, she's pretty mellow and doesn't move a ton. Definitely has her moments, though, and occasionally gets in a really good one that takes my breath away.

Baby's position in my belly is particularly obvious when I'm laying on my back. At a midwife appointment last week, she started asking "Do you know where the baby ...?" and then I pulled up my shirt and she exclaimed "Yup, there she is!" It's almost comical the way this Bit pokes out at an angle. My belly button never points straight up anymore.

No comments: